Electronic Transactions – Checks (ACH) in Total Office Manager allows you to accept Checks as payment and get those payments authorized using an internet connection. Setting up or changing processors may be required before Total Office Manager can accept Electronic Checks.
The topic assumes that the Electronic Transactions – Gateway Setup has been completed.
- From the main menu, click Customers | Electronic Transaction | Gateway List, , then click Add New. The CC Payment Setup form will appear.
Step-By-Step – ACH Processing
- Set up the Gateway as described above.
- Enter a credit card as the preferred payment method on the Customer:Job.
- Create an Invoice for the Customer. Find the Invoice(s) for that Customer:Job that need to be pay. Select them.
- Click Actions | Batch EPay to transition to the payment screen.
- Click on the Invoices to pay. To pay the complete amount, click “Amount=Balance”
- Then click Process.
- A report recording the transactions will appear. The response will let you know if the transaction(s) were approved or not.
- Authorize.net will send an email to the address on the account alerting them of the transaction status.
A written, commercial bank account established by a contractual agreement between a merchant/business and a bank and/or a payment gateway. The agreement contains the respective rights, warranties, and duties with respect to accepting bankcards like Visa or MasterCard. You must apply for this account directly from your bank, or from the Payment Processor.
A combination of software and hardware that provides an interface to a bank card processing network.
Gateway Web Address
The web address of a web based payment gateway.