Total Office Manager has a built-in email system. To utilize the email system, you must first set it up.
- From the main menu, click Edit | Preferences | Company | My Preference
Step by Step
- Enter your Email Username (email@example.com).
- Enter your email Password (Pa$$w0rd1).
- Enter the Mail From Name (Aptora Support).
- Enter the Mail From Email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Fill in your Outgoing mail (SMTP). This will be either “smtp.outlook.com” or “smtp.office365.com” for Office 365 users.
- Choose port 587 for if your Microsoft Office account is an exchange server. Use 465 if it is not and only uses an SSL connection.
- Select “This is a Microsoft Exchange Server” only if you selected port 587.
- Make sure you check “My server requires secure connection (SSL)” only if you selected port 587 or 465.
- Click the “Test Account Settings” button. You will receive a message indicating the message was delivered successfully to your email address. Check your email inbox to verify. Be sure to check your spam folder too. If you find the email in the spam or junk folder, please be sure to right-click on the message and scroll down to “Not Junk”.
It is recommended to consult your network administrator to verify the SMTP settings you are to use for sending email. For advanced troubleshooting, please review the attached document. KB – Email Settings.