Total Office Manager has a built-in email system. To utilize the email system, you must first set it up.
- From the main menu, click Edit | Preferences | Company | My Preference
Step by Step
- Enter your Email Username (such as email@example.com).
- Enter your email Password, Be sure that you use a strong password such as 6tR4Pa$$w0rd1.
- Enter the Mail From Name (such as Aptora Support).
- Enter the Mail From Email (such as firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Fill in your Outgoing mail (SMTP). This will be either “smtp.outlook.com” or “smtp.office365.com” for Office 365 users.
- Choose port 587 for if your Microsoft Office account is an exchange server. Use 465 if it is not and only uses an SSL connection.
- Select “This is a Microsoft Exchange Server” only if you selected port 587.
- Make sure you check “My server requires secure connection (SSL)” only if you selected port 587 or 465.
- Click the “Test Account Settings” button. You will receive a message indicating the message was delivered successfully to your email address. Check your email inbox to verify. Be sure to check your spam folder too. If you find the email in the spam or junk folder, please be sure to right-click on the message and scroll down to “Not Junk”.
- It is recommended to consult your network administrator to verify the SMTP settings you are to use for sending email.
- When Total Office Manager or Aptora Mobile II send email, that email will not be added to your email software’s “Sent” folder.
- Software programs such as Outlook, Google Mail, and Yahoo Mail are not used by Aptora software. Our software uses your email account credentials to send email. These programs are not involved in the process so the email does not appear in their Send folder.
- We recommend that you include a BBC. That stands for Blind Carbon Copy. Have this email go to a special folder that customer service personnel can access. It is common for customers to call and say that they never received email. This will allow them to quickly resend the email and demonstrate that the email was actually sent to them.
- Be sure that you have something in the “Mail From Name” field in Total Office Manager or Aptora Mobile II.
For advanced troubleshooting or how to setup other email systems, please review the attached document. KB – Email Settings.