The Additional Info tab is used for other vendor information including vendor type, default A/P account info, the payment terms offered by the vendor, a credit limit amount, Tax ID information and more. This is where control over pop-up notes for the vendor is held. User Defined Fields for vendors appear in the Additional Info tab.
From the main menu, click Vendors | New Vendor, or
From the toolbar, click the Add New Vendor button.
Field & Button Definitions
- A/P Account – Select the accounts payable account to use when transactions with this vendor take place.
- Type – Select from the drop down menu the type of vendor you are setting up. Example vendor types might include equipment, parts, office supplies, bank/financial, government, etc. See “Related Topics” below for more information.
- Terms – Select from the drop down menu the terms offered by the vendor on their bills, 2% 10 Net 30 Days, Net 15 Days etc.
- Tax ID – Enter a vendor-provided tax identification number here.
- Account # – If the vendor has given you an account number, record it here.
- Vendor is eligible for 1099 – When ticked, this checkbox indicated the vendor is eligible to receive Internal Revenue Service form 1099.
- User Defined Fields – Enter information not found on the standard form. These custom fields are setup by you to track any miscellaneous information you like. See “Related Topics” below for more information.
- Pop-up Notes form when creating Bills, PO’s, etc. – Ticking this checkbox causes the vendor’s notes to automatically appear when bills, purchase orders, and other similar forms for the vendor.
- Pop-up Notes form when opening this vendor – Ticking this checkbox causes the vendor’s notes to automatically appear when opening the vendor form.
- Pop-up Notes form when opening their contact log – Ticking this checkbox causes the vendor’s notes to automatically appear when opening their contact log.