Pay Payroll Liabilities Form
This help topic explains how to pay your accumulated payroll liabilities .
Using the Pay Payroll Liabilities Form
This form allows you to easily create a check to pay your company’s payroll liabilities. Each time you write a check, Total Office Manager keeps track of the money that you took out of the payroll check (employee deductions). Total Office Manager also calculates and keeps track of how much the company’s owes. This form displays these amount and allows you to select which ones you wish to pay. A check is created. Once a check is created, these liabilities are removed from your financial reports and the government is happy.
Opening the Pay Payroll Liabilities Form
From the main menu, click Employees | Pay Payroll Liabilities
Paying Payroll Liabilities Step-By-Step
- Open the Pay Payroll Liabilities form according to the instructions above.
- Select a date range to view liabilities. Total Office Manager defaults to the current year. Be careful not to set a small range and miss a liability.
- Set a payment date. This is the date that Total Office Manager will use as the date you paid the liability. Total Office Manager defaults to the current date
- Using the checking account selection list , select the bank account that you wish to pay this liability from.
- Choose the liabilities you wish to pay by checking the appropriate check box that appears to the left of each liability.
- In the Amount to Pay field, enter the amount that you wish to pay. We HIGHLY recommend that you pay the full amount. Total Office Manager will enter the entire amount by default .
- Once you have double checked your selections, click the Create Checks button.
- Click Exit to close the form
- Open the Write Checks form (click Banking | Write Checks).
- Locate the check you created. Hint: Sort by date or Pay To. Right click on the check and select Print or Edit . We recommend that you click Edit so that you can check it over prior to printing.
Field and Button Definitions
Show Liabilities From –
This is the date range that Total Office Manager will use to display the payroll liabilities your company has. Be careful not to set a range that causes you to miss something.
Payment Date –
The date Total Office Manager will use to pay the bill.
Checking Account –
This is the bank account Total Office Manager will use to draw from when paying this bill. This is usually your company’s primary business checking account.
This check box tells Total Office Manager which liability you wish to pay. When checked, Total Office Manager will enter the entire amount by default.
Payroll Item –
This is the liability (payroll item) that you owe money form.
Payable To –
This refers to who you owe the money to.
The type of payroll liability. They include tax (payroll taxes including your company’s portion of a payroll tax), Liability (money that was deducted from paychecks for taxes), and Deduction (money that was deducted from paychecks for non tax expenses like health insurance ).
The amount of the liability that you wish to pay. We HIGHLY recommend that you pay the full amount. Total Office Manager will enter the entire amount by default.
|Select All –|| |
Checks every liability. If you have a large list, click this button, and if needed, uncheck the ones you do not need to pay.
|Deselect All –||Unchecks every liability.|
Write Checks –
|Enter a number in this field if you wish to increase the amount.|
|Exit –||Closes the form.|