There may be times when the mobile installation becomes corrupted and removes access to components previously installed. The plug-in for Form Builder in Aptora Mobile II falls victim to Windows Updates when the original installation was not completed with the User Account Control disabled. You can always tell the applications affected as the icons will have the Windows Security shield displayed on the bottom right corner.
If you are in Aptora Mobile II and cannot see Form Builder under the blue Plug-in icon, follow the steps below to uninstall and reinstall Aptora Mobile Form Builder .
- Using Control Panel, access Program and Features.
- Locate Aptora Form Builder Designer in Programs list, right click, and choose Uninstall.
- Once you have uninstalled the program, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Aptora\Mobile\App_Data\Plugins\PrivateBin. Right-click on the folder located within PrivateBin and delete the folder. Do not delete the Placeholder.txt file in the PrivateBin folder.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Aptora\Mobile\App_Data\Plugins and delete the ‘package’ file (identified by the extension .aptpkg)
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Aptora\Mobile. Double-click the file ‘AptoraSettings.config’ and open it in Notepad. Highlight the text starting with <plugins> and ending with <plugins>. Delete the text (including <plugins> at the start and end of the section).
TIP: You may want to save the file prior to removing the Plug-in section. This file contains your licensing information. You will need your Form Builder serial number in the steps below.
- Click the search button on the taskbar and locate Internet Information Systems (IIS). Once open, click on Stop on the right panel to stop website from running.
NOTE: Users will want to be logged out of mobile to prevent losing work they were in.
- Restart IIS.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Aptora\Mobile\bin and open ‘aptora.mobile.config.exe’.
- Click on the Plug-in Manager and reinstall Form Builder from the Mobile Configuration Utility.
- Reconnect to your mobile website and verify the Plug-in for Form Builder has been restored.