When working within the hosted Total Office Manager environment, you may want to save to your local computer or internal network drives. In order to do this, it will be necessary to create a mapped drive to access from within the RDS (Remote Desktop Services). These instructions will explain how to create and utilize the drives.
- Open Windows Explorer (Windows Key + E) on your local machine. This is also referenced as File Explorer on some computers. You may also click on the folder on the windows taskbar.
- On the left panel, right click on Computer or This PC and choose the option Map network drive….
- When choosing what letter to use, it is important to make sure this letter is available on any computer that will also need to access the files.
- Select a drive letter that is available on all computers.
- Enter the network file directory of the folder where your shared files will be stored. If you are unsure of the exact directory path, click the Browse… button and locate the folder in Windows Explorer.
- Click Finish to complete the mapped drive setup.
- Once the mapped drive setup is complete, Windows Explorer will open and display the drive. You will find the new drive in Network Locations.
- When working in the RDS for Total Office Manager, you can select the newly mapped drive by doing any of the following:
- From within any list, right click and choose the option to Export List. In the Export – Save As window, click on This PC and select the mapped drive in the Devices and drives section.
- From within a report, click on the envelope with the red arrow. Select Disk file in the Destination and click OK.
- In the Page Range, select the range of pages to export. The default range is All.
- Select the mapped drive in the Devices and drives section.
Click here to view a pdf printout with images.
Please Note: This article applies to Windows users only.