The Time Off Adjustments form is used to review and adjust the available time off for any particular employee.
Imagine, for example, discovering that a new employee who was hired several months ago was accidentally setup to accrue 1.54 hours of vacation time each week (two weeks per year), instead of 0.77 hours of vacation time each week (one week per year). The Time Off Adjustments form would be used to adjust the available time overage down to the correct amount of time. Of course, the Time Off Adjustments form can be used to increase available time off as well.
To view the payroll items for an employee, first open the Employee List (Employee | Employee List), then use one of the following three ways to open an employee’s payroll items form:
Right-click on an employee and select Employee Payroll Items from the pop-up menu, or
Single-click on an employee to highlight, the click the Employee button and select Employee Payroll Items from the fly-out menu, or
Double-click on an employee to open their employee record (the Edit Employee form will open), then click on the Menu button and select Payroll Items from the fly-out menu.
Field & Button Definitions
- Filter By – Used to filter displayed entries by either “All”, “Date”, or “Employee”.
- From & To – The “From” field and the “To” field are used in conjunction with the “Filter By” field to isolate displayed entries.
- Apply Filter – Use the Apply Filter button to apply the criteria defined in the “Filter By”, “From”, and “To” fields.
- Remove Filter – Use the Remove Filter button to return the form to an unfiltered condition.
- Date – Displays the date of the adjustment
- Employee – Displays the specific employee for which an adjustment was made.
- Time Off – Displays the time off type which was adjusted (Vacation, Sick Time, etc).
- Accrued – Displays adjustments to the accrued time off for an employee. For example, a positive value increases the accrued amount of time off. A negative value decreases the accrued amount of time off.
- Used – Displays adjustments to the used time off for an employee. For example, a positive value increases the used amount of time off. A negative value decreases the used amount of time off.
- Memo – A brief explanation of the adjustment entry.
Follow the steps below to create a New Time Off Adjustment:
- Click the “Time Off Adjust” button at the lower left portion of the Payroll Time Off Adjustment form.
- Click “New Time Off Adjustment” from the fly-out menu (the New Time Off Adjustment form will appear).
- Confirm or adjust the “Date” field as necessary.
- From the “Employee” drop down list, choose the person for which to make the adjustment.
- From the “Time Off” drop down list, choose the time off type for which to make the adjustment.
- In the “Memo” field, enter a transaction explanation.
- The “Current” line of the “Available” column displays the currently available time off.
- In the “Adjustment” line of the “Accrued” column, enter a positive or negative value to adjust the accrued time off.
- In the “Adjustment” line of the “Used” column, enter a positive or negative value to adjust the used time off.
- The “New” line of the “Available” column will instantly display the net results of all adjustments made throughout the form.
- Click the “OK” button to save the adjustment and close the form.