Sometimes it is necessary to create a custom paper size in Win2000/XP. (to print checks, forms, labels, etc). This special help topic tells you how to do it. Note: This applies to all versions of Windows 2000 and XP.
In order to make the selection of customized paper size available in the driver, you need to register your custom paper size at the print server first (print server is built into Windows). Please follow the steps below to make the selection available.
- On the computer where the printer is physically connected, click Start > Settings > Printers.
- Click “Server Properties” in the File Menu.
- First check the list to be sure the paper size you need is not already listed.
- Select the “Create a New Form” button, then input a name for the form (ie: checks) then change the settings to the desired page size and click the “Save Form” to register the page size you have input.
- Now you can select the page size you have registered at the Device Setting tab of the Property window of the printer driver. (Click on the driver in the printer window, then click File/Properties.)
On narrow carriage printers, if you enter a page width above 8″ the form will not show up in the paper size selection box in the printer driver properties. This is not a problem for wide carriage printers.