We have just purchased a new server and I need to move my database to the new server. How do I do this?
If you are using Total Office Manager Enterprise Edition, you will need to open the Total Office Manager Server Utility on the original server computer and complete the following steps:
- Select Help | Check for Updates from the main menu and verify that you are on the latest version of the Server Utility. If you are not, please update to the latest version.
- If you have not backed up your current database, choose the option to Backup Database. Select your current company file and select Continue. Continue following the prompts until your database has successfully been backed up.
- You will need to locate the saved backup file and either save it in a shared location on your network or transfer it to a media device.
- On the new server computer, move the backup file a location on this computer.
- Open the Total Office Manager Server Utility. Select Help > Check for Updates from the main menu and verify that you are on the latest version of the Server Utility. If you are not, please update to the latest version.
- Select the option Restore from Backup. When asked what database to restore to, please select the option to . Continue to follow the prompts until you see that the restore is completed.
- When connecting to Total Office Manager on the workstations, you will need to select the menu option File | Open Company/Login.
- Select the new server name and locate the company file to open.
Applies To: Total Office Manager