Invoices can be created directly from an estimate. You can create an invoice for the entire estimate amount or you can create a partial invoice for progress billing or partial billing. For example, you may have a job where you wish to invoice your client 50% of the total estimate. Later, you could open the same estimate and invoice them another 50% (or whatever).
From an Estimate, click Menu | Create | Invoice.
The “Create Progress Invoice Based On Estimate” form will appear.
Using this form, an invoice for the entire estimate can be created, or an invoice for a certain percentage of the entire estimate can be created by using the controls as described below:
- Create invoice for the entire estimate – Total Office Manager creates a single invoice that covers the entire estimate. You can change it if needed.
- Create invoice for a percentage of the entire estimate – Total Office Manager creates an invoice for the percentage you specify. You can always change the invoice once created.
- % of – Enter the percentage of the original estimate amount in which to be invoiced.
- Open the Estimate and click Menu > Create > Invoice. The “Create Progress Invoice Based on Estimate” dialog box will appear.
- Read the field definitions above and select a creation method.
- Click OK to create the invoice.
More on Progress Invoicing
When progress invoicing, the newly created invoice will display additional information columns regarding the transaction.
These extra columns include:
- Est Amt – The original line item amount, brought forward from the original estimate.
- Prior Amt – Displays the total amount invoiced from all previous invoices. This value does not include any amounts on the currently viewed invoice; only prior invoices.
- Total % – Displays the total percentage invoiced thus far, INCLUDING the amount being invoiced on the currently viewed invoice. The formula is
(Amount + Prior Amt) / Est Amt = Total %.
- This process creates a standard invoice. Once created, you can modify the invoice any way you normally would.