This help topic covers the History form for customer:jobs, vendor, and employees. The form is very similar for each of these records types, so they will all be included in this topic.
Field & Button Definitions
- Refresh: The Refresh button updates the Item History window with the latest information available in the system.
- Include Entire Family (Parents & Children) Information in Tabs: Loads each of the tabs with information from the entire family (up and down the family tree). The information in the header of this form will never include the entire family. This information pertains to the selected record (such as a customer).
This form a great deal of information. It may be used as a quick easy way to get information on a record when an entire report would not be needed.
Information may include year-to-date (YTD) and the (YTD) and total historical differences. The information in the header of this form will never include the entire family. This information pertains to the selected record (such as a customer).
We have included a vast array of records to look at. Be sure to right click on the various lists for options and shortcuts. Double clicking on a row typically opens the record.
- In Customer History, clicking on an invoice, work order, or estimate will display any notes or details that were entered. If you don’t see this information, go to Edit | Customer:Jobs | Company Preferences. There is an option to turn this feature on and off.
- Go to Edit | Preferences | Company | My Preferences. You will see options on what tabs you want displayed per user.
- Go to Edit | Preferences | Appearance | My Preferences. There is an option to change the default sorting of the lists.
- Go to Edit | Preferences | Appearance | My Preferences. There is an option to hide the Balance field on Customer History. This information may be confidential. Hiding it will speed up the loading and refreshing of the form.