Use Time Off Types to track the various reasons employees receive time off. This may include vacation, personal time, sick days, etc. Most of the fields that we discuss here have already been filled in because you have already entered this information when you set up the individual time off item.
From the main menu, click Employees | Lists | Payroll Items List. Click the Time Off tab.
- The List Grid shows all time off types for the group. To add an item, click in the ID column and click on the down arrow to bring up a list of items. Select the item to add to the list. The order they are selected becomes their new sort order. To delete, click on the red x in the first column. To select, click anywhere on the line or use the record selector on the left.
- The ID field was populated when this item was first created. You can’t change this.
- In the Description field, enter a short description of the item (optional) or change the one that is already there.
- Using the Accrual Period selection, select the date when the accrual period occurs. Your options are Every Paycheck, Every Year and Every Hour.
- In the Reset hours each new year checkbox, check this box if you want NO hours carried over at the beginning of the year.
- In the Hours Per Year/Paycheck/Hour field, change the number of hours an employee gets per year, paycheck, or hour.
- In the Hours Accrued field, change the number of hours an employee already has (if needed).
- In the Hours Used field, change the correct number for time off hours the employee has already used (if needed).
- In the Hours Carried Over field, change the correct number for hours an employee has from a previous year.