The Customer:Jobs preference window is where to configure an extensive array of customer & job related defaults.
Field & Button Definitions
- Required Data – Tick the checkbox for each component to be mandatory when setting up a new customer. When ticked, the program will not allow the new customer record to be saved until the required information is entered.
- Defaults – The defaults area is where to choose any desired default customer:job settings as follows:
- AR Account – Proposes the default accounts receivable account when setting up new customers.
- Discount Account – If a customer receives a discount for paying an invoice quickly, this field proposes the default account to use to track that activity.
- Tax Code – Proposes the default Tax Code when setting up new customers.
- Tax Item – Proposes the default Tax Item when setting up new customers.
- Type – Proposes the default customer type when setting up new customers.
- Terms – Proposes the default payments terms when setting up new customers.
- Payment Method – Proposes the default payment method when setting up new customers.
- Auto Populate Customer Name and Contact Field – When enabled, in a brand new Customer:Job form after entering information in, then leaving the
- Company Name field or the,
- Mr./Ms./…, First Name, M.I., and Last Name fields…
that information will automatically be proposed in the “Customer Name” field and the “Contact” field. The “Customer Name Format” drop-down list is used to control how the transferred information is displayed in the Customer Name field and the Contact field.
- Auto Generate Customer Account Number – When ticked, automatically proposes a customer account number when creating new customers.
- Warn When Saving Customers With Duplicate Contact Information – When ticked, the program will display a warning when trying to save a new customer having identical contact information to an existing customer.
- Warn If Over Credit Limit – When ticked, the program will display a warning that the customer is over their credit limit, when opening the customer’s record or when selecting that customer in certain other forms like new invoices, or new work orders, etc.
- Warn When Past Due (late on payments) – When ticked, the program will display a warning that the customer has a past due account balance, when opening the customer’s record or when selecting that customer in certain other forms like new invoices, or new work orders, etc.
- Auto-Populate ‘Work Address’ with ‘Bill to Address’ – When ticked, the program will automatically populate the “Work Address” information from the “Bill to Address” area on a brand new Customer:Job form.
- Use Automatic Notes Popup – Certain notes (customer notes, vendor notes, etc) can be set to pop-up when certain events happen. Ticking this checkbox enables the pop-up notes functionality in the program.
- Refresh Customer List – When ticked, automatically updates the Customer:Job List in order to display the latest information available. It is recommended to keep this checkbox ticked unless a compelling reason exists to do otherwise.