The Sales/Invoice/Estimates preference window is where to configure defaults related to the various sales forms in the program. Sales forms include invoices, sales, credits, and estimates.
From the main menu, click Edit | Preferences, or
From the toolbar, click the Preferences button.
Field & Button Definitions
- Required Fields – Ticking an available checkbox in the required fields area makes that component mandatory in any sales form (sale, invoice, credit, estimate, etc). When ticked, the program will not allow a sales form to be saved without first entering the required information. The available required components are:
- Require Assign Hours – When ticked, employee hours must be assigned to the sale form before a save is allowed. From the sale form click the “Menu” button and go to “Assign Hours”.
- Require Department – When ticked, a department must be selected before a save is allowed.
- Require Marketing Source – When ticked, a marketing source must be selected before a save is allowed.
- Require Purchase Order – When ticked, a purchase order number must be entered before a save is allowed.
- Require Sales Rep – When ticked, a sales representative must be selected before a save is allowed.
- Defaults > Attn: – Sets what piece of customer information is proposed in the “Attn:” line of the “Bill to Address” and the “Work Address” areas of a new sales form.
- Defaults > Department – Sets what department is automatically proposed in new sales forms.
- Defaults > Line 1: – Sets what piece of customer information is proposed in the “Line 1:” line of the “Bill to Address” and the “Work Address” areas of a new sales form.
- Defaults > Customer Message – Sets the default customer message to be proposed on new sales forms.
- Defaults > Ship Via – Sets the default “Work/Ship Method” to be proposed on new sales forms.
- Allow Direct Cost Edit on Non Inventory Items – When ticked, editing of the direct cost of non-inventory items is allowed on sales forms.
- Allow More Than One Serialized Item Per Row – When ticked, multiple serialized items may appear on the same row in sales forms. Enabling this option is NOT recommended.
- Allow Duplicate Sales – When ticked, the program will allow multiple sales forms having the same number in the “Sale #” field (or “Invoice #”, “Estimate #”, etc).
- Do Not Include Vendors in Sales Rep Selection – When ticked, vendors will be excluded from the “Sales Rep” drop-down list in various sales forms.
- Include WO Description and Directions/Special Instructions when Converting to Sale/Invoice/Estimate – When creating a sale/invoice/estimate from a work order, ticking this checkbox causes the information in the work order “Description” field and the work order “Directions/Special Instructions” field to automatically be copied to the notepad of the new sales form.
- Mark ‘To Be Printed’ – When ticked, causes the “To Be Printed” checkbox in various sales form to automatically be ticked as well. This makes the sales form available for printing along with other sales forms as part of a batch print job.
- Warn When Selling Out of Stock Items – When ticked, a warning will be displayed if an attempt is made to sell inventory which is out of stock.
- Prompt Create PO When Selling Out of Stock Items – When ticked, causes a message box to appear when an attempt is made to sell out of stock inventory. The message box will offer a streamlined way to create a purchase order for the item which is out of stock.