The Balance Sheet Report, also referred to as the Statement of Financial Position, is one of the main financial statements. It reports the assets, liabilities, and owner’s (stockholders’) equity at a specific point in time, such as December 31. The balance sheet is sometimes described as a “snapshot” of the company’s financial position at a particular point in time. Because a balance sheet discloses company assets along with payables, they are important to potential creditors when evaluating whether or not a company is loan-worthy.
From the main menu, click Reports | Financials | Balance Sheet, or use the Report Navigator.
The following options are available in this report.
- As Of – Choose the “snapshot” date for which to run the balance sheet from this drop-down list.
- Show Accounts With Zero Balances – When ticked, accounts having no balance are included in the report. When not ticked, accounts having no balance are omitted from the report.
- Show Account Numbers – When ticked, account numbers are included on the report..
- Cancel – The Cancel button closes the window.
- Preview – The Preview button will show an on-screen display of the report, from which a hard-copy can be printed. The preview screen is also capable exporting the report in a PDF format for email use. A text search function in the preview screen can be used to locate a particular string of text.
- Close Window on Preview – Ticking this checkbox will have the options window automatically close when the Preview button is clicked.
Below is an example report (which may have been cropped and shrunk to conserve space).