Inside Software Sales Representative
The software sales representative is responsible for handling the entire sales process from proposal to close including securing payment, as well as follow up with the customer to ensure customer satisfaction and to generate possible referrals. You will generate new leads and follow up on provided leads. NO TRAVEL REQUIRED!
• Learn how to use out products the way our prospects use them
• Follow up on all sales leads provided by Aptora
• Work in conjunction with our Marketing Department to generate additional sales opportunities
• Build trust and educate customers
• Identify customer needs and wants
• Build effective proposals while utilizing a consultative selling approach (no high pressure selling)
• Negotiating and closing the sale
• Submitting contract documentation on a timely basis
• Commit to the achievement of the company’s related goals and aspirations
• Assure that we maintain our commitment to quality and total customer satisfaction
• Represent our company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and concerns
• High school diploma or equivalent (preference will go to someone with an advance degree)
• Three (3) years prior successful work experience in sales, preferably related to the Software industry to service companies
• Excellent “people” skills and good leadership skills
• Cool tempered and able to handle rejection
• Strong attention to detail
• Above average organizational skills
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Computer literate
• Basic math skills
• Solid telephone skills
• Be a team player
• Quick decision making and problem-solving skills
• A good understanding and overall knowledge of the service industry
Bonus Points (not required)
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in sales or marketing
• Participation in previous sales training classes
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook
• Previous software sales experience
• Experience using QuickBooks or other accounting software
1. Respond quickly and accurately to any and all sales prospects provided to you
2. Develop your own sales leads
3. Commit to the timely and accurate completion of all required paperwork
4. Commit to an ongoing program of self-education as well as formal education in your related fields
5. Follow company policies regarding: customer relations, quality control, conduce in customer businesses, other policies applicable to your position, dress code, credit and collections policy, and any other policies and procedures that are dictated from time to time
6. Handle inquiries for incoming sales call for all products
7. Handle sale inquiries by phone, e-mail, fax, or mail for all Total Office Manager leads
8. Make follow up calls and set web demos for leads interested in Total Office Manager
9. Continually learn Total Office Manager product knowledge and brush up on skills
10. Build client relationships at trade shows, Total Office Manager trainings, and in town clients
11. Stay informed of competitors and industry trends and think creatively and strategies of marketing Total Office Manager to other industries outside of core
• Full Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, 401K, vision insurance, paid personal days, one to three weeks of vacation, holidays, paid birthday, wellness plan, funeral pay, volunteer pay, veterans day off with pay (if you are a veteran) and a fantastic work atmosphere.
• We are a growing company and there will be promotional opportunities for those who have the desire and ability.
About Aptora Corporation
Aptora is a stable software company started in 1996. We were voted one of the top places to work in Kansas City by the Small Business Journal. We value our employees and consider them to be our greatest asset. We don’t hire people knowing we just plan to use them up and lay them off. We are not a work-for-hire.
Aptora develops, markets, packages and sells accounting and business management software to service and contracting companies in the United States, Canada and Australia. We have won numerous awards for product design.
Phone: No Calls Please. Email us only.
This position is on-site in Lenexa, KS. Sorry, but we are not accepting remote or C2C and cannot sponsor work visas. You must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Please note, we conduct background checks on all employees. Aptora is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
What to do Next
Send us an e-mail. In the e-mail include; a brief summary of why you would be a great fit for this position (be sure to include your salary expectations), a PDF version of your resume, and a completed Aptora Application. Word documents will not be accepted. They will be immediately deleted due to threat of viruses.