How to setup and use the auto email system.
In a customer profile (above image), the “email” highlighted in yellow is the address that will receive the automated email(s).
The customer will never receive any automated emails unless the “auto contact method” highlighted in yellow (above image) is selected to be “email“.
You must now login to Aptora Mobile as the administrator. Only the administrator user can access the following automated email setup options.
Once logged in as the admin, select the “More” option.
Then, click the “settings” option.
Then, click “Email Setup”
Setup the email address you want these automated emails to come from. Mine is setup for Office 365. Be sure to save your settings once you enter them.
Click the “Test Account Settings” button. You should receive a message indicating the message was delivered successfully to your email address. Check your email inbox to verify. Be sure to check your spam folder too. If found the email in the spam or junk folder please be sure to right-click on the message and scroll down to “Not Junk”.
Now, go back to the settings screen and instead of clicking email setup like you did before, click on “Automated Email“.
In the above image, we are looking at the automated email settings for “confirmation“.
The drop down at the top, will let you select the automated reminder email, confirmation email, and thank you email setup options.
Above, we are showing the automated Thank You settings.
Above, we are showing the automated reminder email settings.
Reminders are sent every day of the week at 12:00 PM (noon) server time (the time zone of the server that has AMII installed on it). They are sent once per day. There is no way to resend the reminders manually. In a future release, we will allow users to set their own time and send reminders manually.
When a email reminder is sent, the work order Confirmation Status is changed to “Confirmation Sent”.
If you wish to stop email messages from being sent, open the automated email settings and check the “Inactive?” option, and click Update Settings.
I’ll try to show the confirmation email in action.
The technician will first choose his “my work orders” then select the work order he’s to drive out to.
Once in the work order, the technician clicks “en route”
Since the “confirmation email” i setup earlier while logged in as the administrator was set to trigger when work orders are set to “en route”, this is the moment the customer will receive an email.
The technician has the option to choose “don’t send” if needed. This is shown in the above image.
If you would like to include images in your email, such as the image of the technician, be sure to go into Total Office Manager and click Lists > Employees
Then, choose the employee you want, right click and go into edit, then click menu > image to assign an image to your employees.
Shown above is the final result. This is the email the customer would have received. Notice that the image of the technician is included as an attachment so that the customer knows who will be visiting them.
Points to Remember
- For a reminder to be sent, the work order must have a Status of “Scheduled” and a Confirmation Status of “None”.
- For Multi-Day work orders, a reminder based on the Parent work order Start Date. The reminder will use the parent’s email and Auto Contact Method setting.
- The customer must have their Automated Contact Method set to “Email”. This is found on the Customer:Job | Address Info tab.
- The customer must have a valid email entered in to the email field found on the Customer:Job | Address Info tab.
- Merge fields are used by adding place holders. These are numbers inside of brackets. For example,  is Work Order Scheduled Date. There are about thirty different merge fields to select from. When the message is sent, the placeholder will be replaced with actual data. The reminder will be completely customized to the work order and the technician assigned to it.
- The Outbound Email Reminder is used for all AMII users. Each user does not have their own reminder. There is nothing to set up for each mobile user.
- You cannot use auto texting and auto email options at the same time. The system uses whichever is selected on the Automated Contact Method (can be set to Text, Email, or Do Not Contact). This setting is found on the Customer:Job | Address Info tab.
- The Automated Text Message Reminders feature does not offer images but the automated email does.
- Your customers can reply to the reminder text messages you send. This is done in the same way that any text is responded to. Their reply will automate certain tasks in Total Office Manager. The auto email does not have this kind of capability.