Does your company conduct regular training for processes and workflows in your Total Office Manager company file? If not, this is a good process to begin today. As technology and software advances continue to drive the workplace, it is important you participate in regular training and exploration of your current business solution platforms.
Perhaps you just want to try out a newly added feature but do not wish to “play” in your live company file. By having a training environment, you are free to explore and run through some processes to test theories without the worry of “cleaning up” your adventures. Creating this environment is easy.
For On Premise Customers:
- Access the Server Computer which houses your Total Office Manager database.
- Open the Total Office Manager Server Utility. Generally, the Total Office Manager Enterprise Server Utility is found by clicking the Microsoft Windows® “Start” button and going to All Programs | Aptora | Total Office Manager Enterprise | Server Utility.
- The Total Office Manager Enterprise Server Utility will appear. After you have entered your login credentials, click Connect.
- From the Server Utility, select the option to Backup Database. (Located on the left side of the Server Utility.)
Please Note: If you wish to configure a sample company that is not from your data, you may use the Sample Company file supplied with the installation. You may also download a copy here.
- When asked what database to restore, please select your existing company file.
- When prompted, save the backup to the database.
- As the file is being backed up, the utility may become nonresponsive. This is normal. Please do not cancel the utility as you will receive a message stating that the file backup was successful.
- From the Server Utility, select the option to Restore from Backup. (Located on the left side of the Server Utility.)
- When asked what database to restore, please select the top option to create a new database.
- Give this new database a name like TRAINING.
- Select the backup file that you just saved to the desktop.
- As the file is being restored, the utility may become nonresponsive. This is normal. Please do not cancel the utility as you will receive a message stating that the file restored successfully.
- Once the database has been restored, you will open Total Office Manager on the workstation computer(s). When the program is launched, it will open the last Total Office Manager company file that it connected to. New connections may be made under File | Open Company/Login.
For Aptora Hosted Customers:
If you do not currently have a training database created, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request one be created for you. You will receive notification from our support team once this has been completed.
After you have created your training environment, it is recommended you completed the following:
- If applicable, configure the new training database to Aptora Mobile II.
- Change the passwords in the training database to something different than your live company file.
- Change the theme color to red, or something different than your theme setting in the live company file. This will help you distinguish between the two company files.
- Change the company name under Company | Company Information to something like TRAINING ABC Company. This will be your red flag when printing reports.