The Contacts Tab is used to record additional contacts for the customer. These records store electronic contact information only, not postal information. A virtually unlimited number of additional contact records can be stored in the Contacts tab. The caller ID feature scans these entries just as other contacts in the program.
From the main menu, click Customers | New Customer:Job, or
Note: You have preferences on what fields are shown. Click the Menu button and click Show Columns:Contact Tab.
- Name – The first and last name of the contact.
- First Name – You can use the first name field as opposed to combining it into the Name field. For marketing purposes, we recommend that you do not use UPPERCASE for name fields. Properly cased letters will look better in a mail merge.
- Last Name – You can use the last name field as opposed to combining it into the Name field.
- Purchasing Role – This is the role of the person during the purchasing (or sales) process. This list cannot be edited. Here is a good webpage on the subject.
- Title – Select the title of the contact (Mr, Ms, etc). You may also use this for son, daughter, husband, wife, partner, etc.
- Phone – Enter the contact phone number.
- Ext – Enter the contact phone extension if applicable.
- Cell – Enter the contact cell phone number if applicable.
- Pager – Enter the contact pager number if applicable.
- Fax – Enter the contact fax number if applicable.
- Email – Enter customer’s e-mail address if applicable.
- Comments – Enter any brief notes about the contact here.