Notes can be added to various records within the program including (but not limited to) Customer:Jobs, Work Orders, Invoice Items, Vendors, Assets, and Customer Equipment, and Invoices (where the notes are called “Details”). The notepad works the same way regardless of where it’s encountered.
The notepad for any given form is typically found in the Menu.
Field & Button Definitions
- OK – Saves and closes the notepad.
- Cancel – Exits the notepad without saving.
- Info Stamp – Notes the author and the date of the note with one click.
- Clear – Erases the entire contents of the notepad.
- Print – Used to produce a hard-copy of the notepad.
- Spelling – Perform a “Spell check” on your notes.
- Notes created for customers and for vendors can be triggered to automatically pop-up when certain conditions occur. For example, if a customer has an overdue balance a warning note can be set to pop-up if an attempt to create a new Work Order is made. See the related topics “Customer:Job Form – Additional Info Tab” and “Vendor Form – Additional Info Tab” for additional information.