The Caller ID preferences is where to enable the Caller ID function in the program, and set various related options.
From the main menu, click Edit | Preferences, or
From the toolbar, click the Preferences button.
Field & Button Definitions
- Activate Call Identifier System (Caller ID) – When ticked, this checkbox enables the Caller ID system.
- Always Listen – Has the Caller ID system always “listen” and report incoming call info.
- Listen Only When Call Identifier Window Open – Has the Caller ID system “listen” and report incoming call info only when the user has the Caller ID window open.
- Server TCP/IP Address – Used to indicate the address of the Caller ID “Server” on your network. The Caller ID server does not have to be the same computer as your Total Office Manager server.
- Reset Connection – Disconnects and reconnects the Caller ID connection.
- Include Area Code in Search – When ticked, includes the area code when the Caller ID system is searching the database for caller information. Most often used in areas where the customer base is spread across multiple area codes.