Customer:Jobs – Title List is where titles specific to individuals listed under that particular category. To think of it one way, these “Titles” refer to their position at an organization. A title would be something like ‘Homeowner’ or ‘Site Manager’ depending upon the job role of that individual.
The use of Titles is not something that’s required to use Total Office Manager and is a feature that is in place for the user to more easily identify the specific roles of contacts. It is available for both Customer:Jobs and Vendors.
From the main menu, click Company | Lists | Title List.
Perhaps the easiest way of using the commands available in this list is through its right click menu from the Customer:Job – Title List.
- To create new title, right-click anywhere in the list and choose New Title from the pop-up menu.
- To edit a title, right-click on it and choose Edit Title from the pop-up menu.
- To delete a title, right-click on it and choose Delete Title from the pop-up menu. Note: It may not always be possible to perform this action — inactivation may be more appropriate.
- To inactivate a title, right-click on it and choose Make Title Inactive from the pop-up menu. This can also be done by Checking the “Inactive” checkbox within a record (see below).
- To export whatever information is currently displayed in the list, right-click anywhere in the list and choose Export List from the pop-up menu.
Creating a New Title
- Right click anywhere in the Title list and choose New Title from the pop-up menu. The “Add Title” form will appear.
- Enter a name in the “Title” field.
- For the title to appear on customer records, check the Customer checkbox. For the title to appear on vendor records, check the Vendor checkbox. Both checkboxes may be Checked simultaneously, so that the title will appear on both customer and vendor records.
- Click the OK button to finish and close the form, or click the Next button to save and go on to create another.
The Titles for Customer:Jobs and Vendors are found under the Contact Tab of the corresponding form. Users have ability to show the Title or remove it or change the position of the columns.