The Vendor Types List is used to manage and classify the various suppliers from which you buy goods and services.
Examples Vendor Types:
- Computer Repair
- Office Supplies
From the main menu, click Vendors | Vendor Type List.
- To create a new vendor type, right click anywhere in the list and choose New Vendor Type from the pop-up menu.
- To edit a vendor type, right-click on it and choose Edit Vendor Type from the pop-up menu.
- To delete a vendor type, right-click on it and choose Delete Vendor Type from the pop-up menu. Note: It may not always be possible to perform this action — inactivation may be more appropriate.
- To inactivate a vendor type, right-click on it and choose Make Vendor Type Inactive from the pop-up menu. This can also be done by ticking the “Inactive” checkbox within a vendor type record (see the Add Vendor Type form, below).
- To export whatever information is currently displayed in the list, right-click anywhere in the list and choose Export List from the pop-up menu.
Creating a New Vendor Type
Follows are the steps for creating a new vendor type.
- Right click anywhere in the list and choose New Vendor Type from the pop-up menu. The “Add Vendor Type” form will appear.
- Enter a title in the “Type Name” field.
- If the new vendor type is a “sub” or “child” of another existing type, choose the “parent” type from the “Subtype of” field. For example, a computer service company may create a parent vendor type called “Hardware” and setup subtypes for “Cabling/Wiring” and for “Components”.
- Click the OK button to finish and close the form, or click the Next button to save and go on to create another.
- To inactivate a work order type from within the Work Order Type form, click the “Inactive” checkbox.