Electronic Transaction – Credit Cards in Total Office Manager allows you to accept credit cards as payment and get those payments authorized using an internet connection. Setting up or changing processors may be required before Total Office Manager can accept credit cards. You may need a Merchant Account from your own bank. Usually they can set you up with a credit card processor.
The topic assumes that the Electronic Transactions – Gateway Setup has been completed.
- From the main menu, click Customers | Electronic Transaction | Gateway List, then click Add New. The CC Payment Setup form will appear.
Credit Card Processors
There are many credit card processors in the USA. Many software programs force you to use theirs and to pay their fees. We do not wish to force you to use credit card processor. That’s why we will work with your current processor to integrate their technology into Total Office Manager. This service is generally free. The only thing we require is that your processor cooperate with us. Obviously we don’t have full control over what they will and will not do for us.
If you do decide to use ours, we can provide you with a higher level of support and advice. Our processor is very competitively priced. Please call us (913-322-4666) if you need for more information.
Total Office Manager and Aptora Mobile II utilize the payment gateway of Authozize.net in the USA and Bambora in Canada. You must have one of these payment gateway accounts in order to process credit cards in the desktop or field. Please speak with your merchant to obtain one of these accounts.
If you are in the USA, you may also contact TransNational Payments to acquire an Authorize.net gateway account. Please contact them at 847-655-2455 and let them know you are using Aptora products and would like to obtain an Authorize.net account. TransNational Payments also offer merchant services and has been able to save money for many customers switching to their services.
If you are in Canada, you may contact Bambora at 888-472-2072 to inquire about gateway services. You may read more about setting up the Bambora settings here: https://www.aptora.com/help/gateway-bambora/
- Set up the Gateway.
- Enter a credit card as the preferred payment method on the Customer:Job.
- Create an Invoice for the Customer. Find the Invoice(s) for that Customer:Job that need to be pay. Select them.
- Click Actions | Batch EPay to transition to the payment screen.
- Click on the Invoices to pay. To pay the complete amount, click “Amount=Balance”.
- Then click Process.
- A report recording the transactions will appear. The response will let you know if the transaction(s) were approved or not.
- Authorize.net will send an email to the address on the account alerting them of the transaction status.
Processor (AKA: Credit Card Processor)
A third party vendor who processes the credit card information.
A written, commercial bank account established by contractual agreement between a merchant/business and a bank and/or a payment gateway. The agreement contains the respective rights, warranties, and duties with respect to accepting bankcards like Visa or MasterCard. You must apply for this account directly from your bank, or from the Payment Processor.
A combination of software and hardware that provides an interface to the bank card processing network.
Gateway Web Address
The web address of a web based payment gateway.