Located under the Report menu, the Financials – Budget Report displays in report form the data from a previously prepared budget. In short, a budget is a set of financial statements for a future time period. It is used to predict a company’s financial position for that period.
From the main menu, click Reports | Financials | Budget, or use the Report Navigator.
- Budget – Select a budget from this drop-down list. Budgets which appear in the list have been created previously. See the related topic, “Budgets” for more info on creating budgets.
- Include Zero Amounts – Displays all report components, even if they have an amount of zero.
- Split by Month – Causes the report to be broken down by month (ie: a “month-by-month” version).
- Cancel – The Cancel button closes the window.
- Preview – The Preview button will show an on-screen display of the report, from which a hard-copy can be printed. The preview screen is also capable of exporting the report in a PDF format for email use. A text search function in the preview screen can be used to locate a particular string of text.
- Close Window on Preview – Ticking this checkbox will have the options window automatically close when the Preview button is clicked.
Example of Financial – Budget Report
Below is an example report (which may have been cropped and shrunk to conserve space).
When examining your company’s income statement, you have the option of including a budget for comparison.