The use of certified payroll is often a requirement for performing government work. The Certified Payroll Register Report shows the necessary employee payroll information along with a certified payroll letter, for the work requiring certified payroll. This report (and certified payroll functionality as a whole) only becomes available when the “Use Certified Payroll” feature has been enabled in system preferences. See the related topic, “Certified Payroll” for more info.
From the main menu, click Reports | Payroll | Certified Payroll Register, or use the Report Navigator. Note: This report will only be visible if the Preference for Certified Payroll is turned on.
- Date Range – Choose from a pre-defined range of time-frames from the “Date Range” drop-down list, or enter a custom range using the “From” and “To” fields.
- Certified Payroll Letter – This report includes the certified payroll letter required for filing. Choose the particular certified payroll letter to use from this drop-down list. Certified payroll letters must first be prepared in the system, before appearing on the list.
- Customer:Job – To filter the report by a particular customer or job, select the one from this drop-down list.
- Employee – To filter the report by a particular employee, select the one from this drop-down list.
- Only Show Letter Only – Tick this checkbox to omit the register portion of the report and generate the certified payroll letter only.
- Include Last Four Numbers of SSN –
- Cancel – The Cancel button closes the window.
- Preview – The Preview button will show an on-screen display of the report, from which a hard-copy can be printed. The preview screen is also capable exporting the report in a PDF format for email use. A text search function in the preview screen can be used to locate a particular string of text.
- Close Window on Preview – Ticking this checkbox will have the options window automatically close when the Preview button is clicked.