The Contacts by Marketing Source Report looks at the “Marketing” setting on the Additional Info tab of each Customer:Job form and lists those contacts accordingly. This information can then be used to help evaluate the effectiveness of various marketing and advertising efforts in acquiring new customers.
From the main menu, click Reports | Contacts & Jobs | Contacts by Marketing Source, or use the Report Navigator.
Date Filter Area
The following date filtering is available in this report.
- Date Range – Choose from a pre-defined range of time-frames from the “Date Range” drop-down list, or enter a custom range using the “From” and “To” fields.
- Select by Date Created – This setting references the created/revised info on a contact’s Customer:Job form, and selects those to appear in the report based on their original creation date.
- Select by Date Last Revised – This setting references the created/revised info on a contact’s Customer:Job form, and selects those to appear in the report based on their latest revision date.
- Include Contacts with no Marketing Source – When ticked, the report will display a source called “No Marketing Source Supplied” along with the other defined marketing sources.
- Cancel – The Cancel button closes the window.
- Preview – The Preview button will show an on-screen display of the report, from which a hard-copy can be printed. The preview screen is also capable exporting the report in a PDF format for email use. A text search function in the preview screen can be used to locate a particular string of text.
- Close Window on Preview – Ticking this checkbox will have the options window automatically close when the Preview button is clicked.
Below is an example report (which may have been cropped and shrunk to conserve space).